Powerful land mines recovered in Latehar
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two powerful land mines were today recovered from Maoist-hit Latehar district, a CRPF official said here.
The security forces were tipped off that the two explosives each weighing 15 kg were planted underneath the road bridge over river Gala, Assistant Commandant of the 11th CRPF Battalion Manoj Kumar told reporters.
The explosives with capacity to blow up anti-land mine vehicles were defused, Kumar said.
Two CRPF camps are located on each side of the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?