Powerful land mines recovered in Latehar
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two powerful land mines were today recovered from Maoist-hit Latehar district, a CRPF official said here.
The security forces were tipped off that the two explosives each weighing 15 kg were planted underneath the road bridge over river Gala, Assistant Commandant of the 11th CRPF Battalion Manoj Kumar told reporters.
The explosives with capacity to blow up anti-land mine vehicles were defused, Kumar said.
Two CRPF camps are located on each side of the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway