Powerful land mines recovered in Latehar
Latehar (Jharkhand): Two powerful land mines were today recovered from Maoist-hit Latehar district, a CRPF official said here.
The security forces were tipped off that the two explosives each weighing 15 kg were planted underneath the road bridge over river Gala, Assistant Commandant of the 11th CRPF Battalion Manoj Kumar told reporters.
The explosives with capacity to blow up anti-land mine vehicles were defused, Kumar said.
Two CRPF camps are located on each side of the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH