Powerful landmine recovered, defused in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A powerful landmine planted on a state highway was recovered and defused in West Singhbhum district on a tip off by a hard-core Naxal arrested by the security personnel, police said on Thursday.
A landmine weighing around 40 to 45 kg was planted on the state highway between Chotanagra-Manoharpur road to target the security personnel, Superintendent of Police of West Singhbhum, Pankaj Kamboj.
The landmine was recovered yesterday following the arrest of the chairman of Krantikari Kishan Committee, a frontal organisation of CPI(Maoist) Vishnu Cherwa, Kambhoj said.
Cherwa told the police about the landmine during the interrogation, the SP said, adding that the district police force and CRPF carried out massive search operation in the Naxal-affected Saranda forest on the lead provided by him.
Kamboj said a bomb disposal squad from Ranchi defused the landmine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu
- Attack on union ministers is 'panic reaction' of BJD: Manohar Parrikar
- Arvind Kejriwal pushing Delhi into constitutional crisis: Delhi BJP
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA