President`s rule imminent in Jharkhand
New Delhi/Ranchi: Jharkhand is all set to come under central rule, at least for a brief while, with Governor Syed Ahmed recommending placing the Assembly in suspended animation on which the Union Cabinet is likely to take a decision on Thursday.
The Cabinet meeting on Thursday will consider the Governor`s report against the backdrop of reluctance of major political parties to form a government in the present juncture given the delicate numbers in the Assembly.
The Governor has not accepted the outgoing Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s recommendation for dissolution of Assembly to pave the way for elections after JMM withdrew support to his Government.
Congress, which has not so far demanded dissolution of the Assembly, is at the same time not in a haste for formation of a new government in Jharkhand.
The talk in the AICC is that party chief Sonia Gandhi is not that enthusiastic about having a government led by JMM with Congress support with the Madhu Koda experiment still weighing heavily on her mind.
Besides, there has been a trust deficit with the JMM leadership, given the fact that Sibu Soren has been changing sides.
Last night, Gandhi was huddled with senior leaders like P Chidambaram, Sushilkumar Shinde, A K Antony, Ahmed Patel and AICC in-charge for Jharkhand Shakeel Ahmed, where she is learnt to have voiced her apprehensions about joining hands with JMM in the state.
Sibu`s son Hemant Soren, who was Deputy Chief Minister in the Munda government, today arrived here with senior JMM leaders like Simon Marandi, Mathura Mahato, Champai Soren and Haaji Hussain Ansari and met Congress MLAs as well as CLP leader Rajinder Prasad Singh to explore the possibility of forming a new government in alliance with Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days