President`s rule not an alternative: AJSU
Ranchi: AAJSU chief Sudesh Mahto Wednesday said President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic setup and the people should get a chance to give a fresh mandate.
"President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic system. There should be a fresh mandate to give a stable and lasting government," Mahto said while addressing his party`s central committee meeting here.
He asked his party men to hold Lok Panchayat at all the fourteen Lok Sabha constituencies and apprise people of the current political situation and how a fresh mandate could only provide a stable government, a party release quoting him said.
Mahto, who was the deputy chief minister in the outgoing Arjun Munda government, also asked party leaders and workers to make efforts in enrolling 11 lakh people into the party by February 15.
"Gear up for early elections," Mahto advised his party men, a day after BJP leader Arjun Munda recommended dissolution of house before quitting as chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt