President`s rule not an alternative: AJSU
Ranchi: AAJSU chief Sudesh Mahto Wednesday said President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic setup and the people should get a chance to give a fresh mandate.
"President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic system. There should be a fresh mandate to give a stable and lasting government," Mahto said while addressing his party`s central committee meeting here.
He asked his party men to hold Lok Panchayat at all the fourteen Lok Sabha constituencies and apprise people of the current political situation and how a fresh mandate could only provide a stable government, a party release quoting him said.
Mahto, who was the deputy chief minister in the outgoing Arjun Munda government, also asked party leaders and workers to make efforts in enrolling 11 lakh people into the party by February 15.
"Gear up for early elections," Mahto advised his party men, a day after BJP leader Arjun Munda recommended dissolution of house before quitting as chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends