President`s rule not an alternative: AJSU
Ranchi: AAJSU chief Sudesh Mahto Wednesday said President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic setup and the people should get a chance to give a fresh mandate.
"President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic system. There should be a fresh mandate to give a stable and lasting government," Mahto said while addressing his party`s central committee meeting here.
He asked his party men to hold Lok Panchayat at all the fourteen Lok Sabha constituencies and apprise people of the current political situation and how a fresh mandate could only provide a stable government, a party release quoting him said.
Mahto, who was the deputy chief minister in the outgoing Arjun Munda government, also asked party leaders and workers to make efforts in enrolling 11 lakh people into the party by February 15.
"Gear up for early elections," Mahto advised his party men, a day after BJP leader Arjun Munda recommended dissolution of house before quitting as chief minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended