President`s rule not an alternative: AJSU
Ranchi: AAJSU chief Sudesh Mahto Wednesday said President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic setup and the people should get a chance to give a fresh mandate.
"President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic system. There should be a fresh mandate to give a stable and lasting government," Mahto said while addressing his party`s central committee meeting here.
He asked his party men to hold Lok Panchayat at all the fourteen Lok Sabha constituencies and apprise people of the current political situation and how a fresh mandate could only provide a stable government, a party release quoting him said.
Mahto, who was the deputy chief minister in the outgoing Arjun Munda government, also asked party leaders and workers to make efforts in enrolling 11 lakh people into the party by February 15.
"Gear up for early elections," Mahto advised his party men, a day after BJP leader Arjun Munda recommended dissolution of house before quitting as chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan