President`s rule not an alternative: AJSU
Ranchi: AAJSU chief Sudesh Mahto Wednesday said President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic setup and the people should get a chance to give a fresh mandate.
"President`s rule is not an alternative in a democratic system. There should be a fresh mandate to give a stable and lasting government," Mahto said while addressing his party`s central committee meeting here.
He asked his party men to hold Lok Panchayat at all the fourteen Lok Sabha constituencies and apprise people of the current political situation and how a fresh mandate could only provide a stable government, a party release quoting him said.
Mahto, who was the deputy chief minister in the outgoing Arjun Munda government, also asked party leaders and workers to make efforts in enrolling 11 lakh people into the party by February 15.
"Gear up for early elections," Mahto advised his party men, a day after BJP leader Arjun Munda recommended dissolution of house before quitting as chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city