Previous govt failed to utilise funds for minorities: Sahay
Ranchi: Senior Congress leader Subodh Kant Sahay on Thursday accused the previous BJP-led government of failing to utilise central funds sent for minority welfare in Jharkhand.
"The Centre had released Rs 181.4 crore for minority welfare in Ranchi, Khunti, Simdega, Gumla, Pakur and Sahibganj, but the previous BJP-led government was a hurdle in its implementation, save Pakur and Sahibganj," a press release claimed quoting Sahay.
Addressing meetings at Khalari in Ranchi district as part of his Sonia Gandhi-Rahul Gandhi Sandesh Yatra, Sahay said the funds were meant for developing electricity, water, healthcare, education and housing in the minority-populated areas of those districts.
He also claimed that 70,000 students belonging to the minority communities were allegedly deprived of centrally-sponsored scholarships "as the previous Arjun Munda government had been a hurdle in its implementation."
Reacting to Sahay`s allegations, BJP spokesman Pradip Sinha, said, "Hazi Hussain Ansari of the JMM had held the Minority Welfare portfolio, and the Congress leader should ask the JMM why it did not spend the money instead of blaming the BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings