Prez poll: Shibu Soren to decide JMM`s stand
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) Sunday authorised party chief Shibu Soren to decide the party`s stand for the July 19 presidential poll even as it called for a consensus.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the JMM`s core committee here, the party said.
Speaking to mediapersons after the meeting, Soren`s son and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren also said: "Consensus should be evolved for the presidential poll."
Of the three regional parties of Jharkhand, the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P), which has two Lok Sabha MPs and 11 legislators, has announced if would support United Progressive Alliance (UPA) candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
JMM and All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) -- alliance partners of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) -- have yet to take a decision.
JMM has one Lok Sabha MP and 18 legislators, while the AJSU have six legislators in the Jharkhand assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision