Prez poll: Shibu Soren to decide JMM`s stand
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) Sunday authorised party chief Shibu Soren to decide the party`s stand for the July 19 presidential poll even as it called for a consensus.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the JMM`s core committee here, the party said.
Speaking to mediapersons after the meeting, Soren`s son and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren also said: "Consensus should be evolved for the presidential poll."
Of the three regional parties of Jharkhand, the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P), which has two Lok Sabha MPs and 11 legislators, has announced if would support United Progressive Alliance (UPA) candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
JMM and All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) -- alliance partners of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) -- have yet to take a decision.
JMM has one Lok Sabha MP and 18 legislators, while the AJSU have six legislators in the Jharkhand assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family