Prosperity to every house, smile to every face: Hemant Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Friday said his government was committed to bring prosperity to the people in the remaining period of the term and promised several changes in his tenure.
Dismissing opposition`s allegations and criticism over Motion of Thanks on Governor Syed Ahmed`s Address, Soren said the government was formed for the people and it would create history in carrying out works in the interest of people.
"The government`s commitment is to make every house prosperous and every face smiling," he said, adding the ruling JMM-Congress-RJD coalition would be able to bring in several changes in the remaining 16 months of the Jharkhand Assembly.
On the opposition charges against the formation of government on the basis of "crafty manipulation", Soren asked the opposition to accept the fractured mandate that the people had been giving in the last 12 years.
"I will just say that we should learn to accept the people`s wish. The meaning of the mandate is simple - all parties should work for the state`s development and we have taken up the responsibility to work in the interest of the people," Soren said.
Noting that the state`s development was reflected in the Governor`s Address, the chief minister claimed the conduct of the opposition during the Address was improper.
"The opposition sought several amendments to the Address, but it should first correct its own conduct," Soren said.
He, however, added both the ruling and the opposition should play a constructive role in growth of the people.
Expressing keenness in changing the prevailing system, he said development would be visible only when the system was strengthened.
"I don`t see myself as chief minister. I see myself just like a common man, and trying to understand the plight of the common man," he added.
Later, the House passed the Motion of Thanks on the Governor`s Address through voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared