Prosperity to every house, smile to every face: Hemant Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Friday said his government was committed to bring prosperity to the people in the remaining period of the term and promised several changes in his tenure.
Dismissing opposition`s allegations and criticism over Motion of Thanks on Governor Syed Ahmed`s Address, Soren said the government was formed for the people and it would create history in carrying out works in the interest of people.
"The government`s commitment is to make every house prosperous and every face smiling," he said, adding the ruling JMM-Congress-RJD coalition would be able to bring in several changes in the remaining 16 months of the Jharkhand Assembly.
On the opposition charges against the formation of government on the basis of "crafty manipulation", Soren asked the opposition to accept the fractured mandate that the people had been giving in the last 12 years.
"I will just say that we should learn to accept the people`s wish. The meaning of the mandate is simple - all parties should work for the state`s development and we have taken up the responsibility to work in the interest of the people," Soren said.
Noting that the state`s development was reflected in the Governor`s Address, the chief minister claimed the conduct of the opposition during the Address was improper.
"The opposition sought several amendments to the Address, but it should first correct its own conduct," Soren said.
He, however, added both the ruling and the opposition should play a constructive role in growth of the people.
Expressing keenness in changing the prevailing system, he said development would be visible only when the system was strengthened.
"I don`t see myself as chief minister. I see myself just like a common man, and trying to understand the plight of the common man," he added.
Later, the House passed the Motion of Thanks on the Governor`s Address through voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal