Quack beheaded, Maoist hand suspected in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Suspected CPI (Maoists) beheaded a quack at Hudagada village in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The torso of the victim, identified as Vijay Kumar Dey (37), a quack, and the severed head were found lying within a distance of 15 m of each other yesterday.
Dey had left home on the afternoon of February 27 but did not return, leading his family members to lodge a missing persons report at Kharswan police station on March 1.
Superintendent of Police, Upendra Kumar, however, said Dey had a link with the ultra outfit as he used to provide treatment to its cadres and supply medicines to them.
He said a Maoists poster owning responsibility for Dey`s killing was recovered from near the spot.
Prima facie it seemed to be the handiwork of Maoists, "but we cannot rule out outright that it could be a ploy of the culprits to misguide police," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you