Quack beheaded, Maoist hand suspected in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Suspected CPI (Maoists) beheaded a quack at Hudagada village in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The torso of the victim, identified as Vijay Kumar Dey (37), a quack, and the severed head were found lying within a distance of 15 m of each other yesterday.
Dey had left home on the afternoon of February 27 but did not return, leading his family members to lodge a missing persons report at Kharswan police station on March 1.
Superintendent of Police, Upendra Kumar, however, said Dey had a link with the ultra outfit as he used to provide treatment to its cadres and supply medicines to them.
He said a Maoists poster owning responsibility for Dey`s killing was recovered from near the spot.
Prima facie it seemed to be the handiwork of Maoists, "but we cannot rule out outright that it could be a ploy of the culprits to misguide police," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- No relief from HC for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh
- Beat that! Egyptian women are world leaders in assaulting husbands
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing