Quack beheaded, Maoist hand suspected in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Suspected CPI (Maoists) beheaded a quack at Hudagada village in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The torso of the victim, identified as Vijay Kumar Dey (37), a quack, and the severed head were found lying within a distance of 15 m of each other yesterday.
Dey had left home on the afternoon of February 27 but did not return, leading his family members to lodge a missing persons report at Kharswan police station on March 1.
Superintendent of Police, Upendra Kumar, however, said Dey had a link with the ultra outfit as he used to provide treatment to its cadres and supply medicines to them.
He said a Maoists poster owning responsibility for Dey`s killing was recovered from near the spot.
Prima facie it seemed to be the handiwork of Maoists, "but we cannot rule out outright that it could be a ploy of the culprits to misguide police," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what