Quack beheaded, Maoist hand suspected in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Suspected CPI (Maoists) beheaded a quack at Hudagada village in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday.
The torso of the victim, identified as Vijay Kumar Dey (37), a quack, and the severed head were found lying within a distance of 15 m of each other yesterday.
Dey had left home on the afternoon of February 27 but did not return, leading his family members to lodge a missing persons report at Kharswan police station on March 1.
Superintendent of Police, Upendra Kumar, however, said Dey had a link with the ultra outfit as he used to provide treatment to its cadres and supply medicines to them.
He said a Maoists poster owning responsibility for Dey`s killing was recovered from near the spot.
Prima facie it seemed to be the handiwork of Maoists, "but we cannot rule out outright that it could be a ploy of the culprits to misguide police," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur