‘Radar malfunction may have led to chopper crash’
New Delhi: The helicopter accident in Ranchi in which Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda suffered injuries on Wednesday is likely to have been caused by a radar malfunction, initial investigations show.
As per preliminary probe reports from the Jharkhand capital, the radar appeared to have malfunctioned. This had led to problems in the twin-engined helicopter in landing at Kuchai in Saraikela-Kharsawan district, about 100 kms from Ranchi.
Sources said after the Agusta AW 109 chopper failed to land at Kuchai, it went back to Ranchi`s Birsa Munda Airport but again failed to land.
This led the pilots to "force it down", leading to the crash-landing at 1230 hours, they said, adding that the chopper turned turtle on hitting the ground causing injuries to Munda and others.
Aviation regulator DGCA has already begun to probe the helicopter accident with its Assistant Director (Air Safety) Sanit Kumar as the Investigating Officer, Director General of Civil Aviation E K Bharat Bhushan had earlier said.
All aspects of the accident, including the reported technical snag, is being investigated by the DGCA probe panel, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg