Rahul Gandhi`s Jharkhand road show cancelled for security reasons
Ranchi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s road show in Jharkhand has been cancelled due to security reasons, a party spokesman said Friday.
The Gandhi scion is visiting Ranchi Friday and was expected to undertake a road show from Hazaribagh to Ranchi.
But Rahul will now go to Hazaribagh by helicopter. He will be airlifted from Hazaribagh and will reach Kuju in Ramgarah district from where he will go to Ormanjhi in Ranchi, Shailesh Sinha, Jharkhand Congress spokesman, told IANS.
The spokesman said the decision was taken as the road show district "comes under threat of Maoist guerrillas".
Jharkhand Director General of Police Rajiv Kumar, however, told IANS that they "have sanitized the road from Hazaribagh to Ranchi. All adequate security arrangements have been made for the road show."
"If the road show programme has been changed, it is the Congress party`s decision and we are on high alert with adequate security forces on the road," he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'