Rahul interacts with tribal women in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today held an interaction with tribal women in Jharkhand who urged him that they should get proper representation in Parliament and Assembly elections.
"Women should get proper representation in Parliament and Assembly elections," a woman told reporters after the interaction at a hotel here.
"All of us also told Rahul that we would like to see him as the Prime Minister," a woman told reporters after the interaction at a hotel here.
Another woman said, "We told him about protection of women`s rights from the grassroots level."
She quoted Rahul as saying women should come forward in politics in large numbers.
"Rahul also said Congress has old ties with tribals, who have made a large contribution to development programmes," she said.
"Food Security Act will also benefit the tribals," said another woman quoting him.
She said that Rahul was urged to ensure strict implementation of the Panchayat Raj Act (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) in Jharkhand.
The interaction was not open to the media.
Earlier, after arriving Rahul garlanded the statue of Birsa Munda at the Birsa Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden