Rahul interacts with tribal women in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today held an interaction with tribal women in Jharkhand who urged him that they should get proper representation in Parliament and Assembly elections.
"Women should get proper representation in Parliament and Assembly elections," a woman told reporters after the interaction at a hotel here.
"All of us also told Rahul that we would like to see him as the Prime Minister," a woman told reporters after the interaction at a hotel here.
Another woman said, "We told him about protection of women`s rights from the grassroots level."
She quoted Rahul as saying women should come forward in politics in large numbers.
"Rahul also said Congress has old ties with tribals, who have made a large contribution to development programmes," she said.
"Food Security Act will also benefit the tribals," said another woman quoting him.
She said that Rahul was urged to ensure strict implementation of the Panchayat Raj Act (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) in Jharkhand.
The interaction was not open to the media.
Earlier, after arriving Rahul garlanded the statue of Birsa Munda at the Birsa Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?