Rahul interacts with tribal women in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today held an interaction with tribal women in Jharkhand who urged him that they should get proper representation in Parliament and Assembly elections.
"Women should get proper representation in Parliament and Assembly elections," a woman told reporters after the interaction at a hotel here.
"All of us also told Rahul that we would like to see him as the Prime Minister," a woman told reporters after the interaction at a hotel here.
Another woman said, "We told him about protection of women`s rights from the grassroots level."
She quoted Rahul as saying women should come forward in politics in large numbers.
"Rahul also said Congress has old ties with tribals, who have made a large contribution to development programmes," she said.
"Food Security Act will also benefit the tribals," said another woman quoting him.
She said that Rahul was urged to ensure strict implementation of the Panchayat Raj Act (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) in Jharkhand.
The interaction was not open to the media.
Earlier, after arriving Rahul garlanded the statue of Birsa Munda at the Birsa Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31