Railway construction company official abducted in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): A supervisor of a railway construction company engaged in laying track has been kidnapped by unknown armed men in Naxal-affected Hazaribagh district, police said on Friday.
Supervisor Linga Reddy was kidnapped from the construction site situated on the borders of Mufassil and Mandu police stations of the district last night, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik said.
After supervising Koderma-Hazaribagh-Barkakana-Ranchi railway line of the East-Central Railway, Reddy was about to get into his car when four armed men attacked took him away into the Simaria forests of neighbouring Chatra district, the SP said.
"We have alerted the police of Ramgarh and Chatra districts and requested them to join the operation to rescue him," the SP said, adding there was no information about his whereabouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why