Railway construction company official abducted in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): A supervisor of a railway construction company engaged in laying track has been kidnapped by unknown armed men in Naxal-affected Hazaribagh district, police said on Friday.
Supervisor Linga Reddy was kidnapped from the construction site situated on the borders of Mufassil and Mandu police stations of the district last night, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik said.
After supervising Koderma-Hazaribagh-Barkakana-Ranchi railway line of the East-Central Railway, Reddy was about to get into his car when four armed men attacked took him away into the Simaria forests of neighbouring Chatra district, the SP said.
"We have alerted the police of Ramgarh and Chatra districts and requested them to join the operation to rescue him," the SP said, adding there was no information about his whereabouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported