Railway construction company official abducted in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): A supervisor of a railway construction company engaged in laying track has been kidnapped by unknown armed men in Naxal-affected Hazaribagh district, police said on Friday.
Supervisor Linga Reddy was kidnapped from the construction site situated on the borders of Mufassil and Mandu police stations of the district last night, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik said.
After supervising Koderma-Hazaribagh-Barkakana-Ranchi railway line of the East-Central Railway, Reddy was about to get into his car when four armed men attacked took him away into the Simaria forests of neighbouring Chatra district, the SP said.
"We have alerted the police of Ramgarh and Chatra districts and requested them to join the operation to rescue him," the SP said, adding there was no information about his whereabouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa