Railway cop killed in Maoist blast
Ranchi: A head constable of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) was killed and three others were injured when Maoists blew up a rail engine in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district on Monday, an official said.
"The patrolling engine was blown up between Dumri and Dania railway stations," Amrendra Kumar, public relations officer (PRO) of Dhanbad railways divison, told a news agency over phone.
The engine`s driver, assistant driver and one RPF constable were injured in the attack.
The railways patrolling parties use engines to check security of tracks in Maoist areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert