Railway cop killed in Maoist blast
Ranchi: A head constable of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) was killed and three others were injured when Maoists blew up a rail engine in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district on Monday, an official said.
"The patrolling engine was blown up between Dumri and Dania railway stations," Amrendra Kumar, public relations officer (PRO) of Dhanbad railways divison, told a news agency over phone.
The engine`s driver, assistant driver and one RPF constable were injured in the attack.
The railways patrolling parties use engines to check security of tracks in Maoist areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday