Railway cop killed in Maoist blast
Ranchi: A head constable of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) was killed and three others were injured when Maoists blew up a rail engine in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district on Monday, an official said.
"The patrolling engine was blown up between Dumri and Dania railway stations," Amrendra Kumar, public relations officer (PRO) of Dhanbad railways divison, told a news agency over phone.
The engine`s driver, assistant driver and one RPF constable were injured in the attack.
The railways patrolling parties use engines to check security of tracks in Maoist areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report