Railway line between Hazaribagh, Shivpur cleared
Hazaribagh: The proposed 49-km
railway line connecting newly constructed Hazaribagh Railway
Station with Shivpur in Chatra has been cleared by the Railway
Ministry, senior spokesman of the East-Central Railway KK
Bhargav has said.
Preliminary work for starting the construction of the
new line had started and after its completion it would become
important for the economic development of Chatra and
Hazaribagh districts, which do not have rail link, Bharghav
said on Monday.
The new railway line would provide an alternative route
for coal transportation with reports of new coal blocks being
found along the route, he said.
By June next year, trains might start running on the new
lines he said.
The new project would cost Rs 1000 crore and the forest
clearance for some portion had been received from the Centre,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony