Railway line between Hazaribagh, Shivpur cleared
Hazaribagh: The proposed 49-km
railway line connecting newly constructed Hazaribagh Railway
Station with Shivpur in Chatra has been cleared by the Railway
Ministry, senior spokesman of the East-Central Railway KK
Bhargav has said.
Preliminary work for starting the construction of the
new line had started and after its completion it would become
important for the economic development of Chatra and
Hazaribagh districts, which do not have rail link, Bharghav
said on Monday.
The new railway line would provide an alternative route
for coal transportation with reports of new coal blocks being
found along the route, he said.
By June next year, trains might start running on the new
lines he said.
The new project would cost Rs 1000 crore and the forest
clearance for some portion had been received from the Centre,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional