Railway line between Hazaribagh, Shivpur cleared
Hazaribagh: The proposed 49-km
railway line connecting newly constructed Hazaribagh Railway
Station with Shivpur in Chatra has been cleared by the Railway
Ministry, senior spokesman of the East-Central Railway KK
Bhargav has said.
Preliminary work for starting the construction of the
new line had started and after its completion it would become
important for the economic development of Chatra and
Hazaribagh districts, which do not have rail link, Bharghav
said on Monday.
The new railway line would provide an alternative route
for coal transportation with reports of new coal blocks being
found along the route, he said.
By June next year, trains might start running on the new
lines he said.
The new project would cost Rs 1000 crore and the forest
clearance for some portion had been received from the Centre,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur