Railway line between Hazaribagh, Shivpur cleared
Hazaribagh: The proposed 49-km
railway line connecting newly constructed Hazaribagh Railway
Station with Shivpur in Chatra has been cleared by the Railway
Ministry, senior spokesman of the East-Central Railway KK
Bhargav has said.
Preliminary work for starting the construction of the
new line had started and after its completion it would become
important for the economic development of Chatra and
Hazaribagh districts, which do not have rail link, Bharghav
said on Monday.
The new railway line would provide an alternative route
for coal transportation with reports of new coal blocks being
found along the route, he said.
By June next year, trains might start running on the new
lines he said.
The new project would cost Rs 1000 crore and the forest
clearance for some portion had been received from the Centre,
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!