Ram Vilas Paswan calls on convicted Lalu Prasad
Ranchi: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan along with his son Chirag called on the jailed RJD chief and former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav here on Thursday, saying the alliance between the two parties "is unbreakable".
"Our alliance is unbreakable. We will together fight against communal forces," Paswan told reporters after meeting Yadav.
To a query, he said his party was interested to fight against communal forces along with the UPA, but it was up to the Congress to decide.
Besides the father and son duo, his brother Ramchandra Paswan, ex-MP Suraj Bhan and Abdul Khalique also called on the former Bihar chief minister at the Birsa Munda Central Jail.
After being convicted on September 30, Yadav was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs 25 lakh in a fodder case by a special CBI court during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert