Ram Vilas Paswan calls on convicted Lalu Prasad
Ranchi: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan along with his son Chirag called on the jailed RJD chief and former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav here on Thursday, saying the alliance between the two parties "is unbreakable".
"Our alliance is unbreakable. We will together fight against communal forces," Paswan told reporters after meeting Yadav.
To a query, he said his party was interested to fight against communal forces along with the UPA, but it was up to the Congress to decide.
Besides the father and son duo, his brother Ramchandra Paswan, ex-MP Suraj Bhan and Abdul Khalique also called on the former Bihar chief minister at the Birsa Munda Central Jail.
After being convicted on September 30, Yadav was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs 25 lakh in a fodder case by a special CBI court during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air