Ram Vilas Paswan calls on convicted Lalu Prasad
Ranchi: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan along with his son Chirag called on the jailed RJD chief and former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav here on Thursday, saying the alliance between the two parties "is unbreakable".
"Our alliance is unbreakable. We will together fight against communal forces," Paswan told reporters after meeting Yadav.
To a query, he said his party was interested to fight against communal forces along with the UPA, but it was up to the Congress to decide.
Besides the father and son duo, his brother Ramchandra Paswan, ex-MP Suraj Bhan and Abdul Khalique also called on the former Bihar chief minister at the Birsa Munda Central Jail.
After being convicted on September 30, Yadav was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs 25 lakh in a fodder case by a special CBI court during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred