Ramesh hopes children who got back vision will be agents of change
Ranchi/Chatra: Union Minister Jairam Ramesh today expressed hope that children who got back proper vision after cataract operations would be agents of change in Jharkhand`s Maoist-hit districts.
"You got back your sight, now be the change in your villages by going to school and shaping your future," Ramesh, who attended a function organised by Kashyap Memorial Eye Bank here told the children.
The eye bank, in association with the administration and the Indian Red Cross Society and the minister?s initiative, treated about 1000 patients, including children, at a village near Saranda forest in West Singhbhum district.
Speaking about Dr Bharati Kashyap one of the owners of the Kashyap Memorial Eye Bank/Hospital in Ranchi, Ramesh said "Bharatiji is not only a human being, but also a toofan (tempest).
"When she makes up her mind to do something, nobody can stop her. Not even the government or the bureaucracy," he said.
"Sansar mein sabse khatarnak janwar hei Indian bureaucracy. Aur Indian bureuacracy ka illaaz hei Bharati Kashyap (Bharati Kashyap is the panacea of Indian bureaucracy)," Ramesh said humourously.
The camp had been inagurated by Ramesh on January 26, according to a press release by the eye bank.
Later, Ramesh visited Edla village in Chatra, about 100 km from here to inspect Indira Awas and programmes under MG-NREGA.
He laid online foundation stones for construction of ITI buildings in Chatra. "The Centre is committed to give development projects in the naxal-affected areas," Ramesh said and reiterated that development was one of the weapons to combat left-wing extremism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan