Ranchi bandh evokes mixed response
Ranchi: The dawn-to-dusk Ranchi bandh called by ten traders associations in protest against the killing of a trader evoked mixed response on Friday.
Led by the president of the Truck Owners` Association, Uday Shankar Ojha, and others took out a procession in protest against the abduction and killing of a trader, Gyanchand Jain.
Jain was abducted on February 14 and his body was recovered on the outskirts of the state capital yesterday.
While shops were closed during the day, educational institutions and offices remained open, according to police sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress