Ranchi bandh evokes mixed response
Ranchi: The dawn-to-dusk Ranchi bandh called by ten traders associations in protest against the killing of a trader evoked mixed response on Friday.
Led by the president of the Truck Owners` Association, Uday Shankar Ojha, and others took out a procession in protest against the abduction and killing of a trader, Gyanchand Jain.
Jain was abducted on February 14 and his body was recovered on the outskirts of the state capital yesterday.
While shops were closed during the day, educational institutions and offices remained open, according to police sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch