Ranchi girl beheading: Accused sentenced to death
Ranchi: Bijendra Kumar, convicted in Kushboo murder case, was sentenced to death by a city court on Wednesday.
The court of Ranchi judicial commissioner, SH Kazmi accepted the prosecution’s plea to take the crime as rarest of rare, hence fit to be awarded death sentence.
Kumar had beheaded Khushboo right outside her classroom in St Xavier`s College on April 27. 2011. The murder was found to be the result of a failed love affair.
Khushboo was a resident of Tupudana in Ranchi while, Bijendra Kumar, was pursuing engineering at the time of the incident and was living in Jamshedpur.
The incident had shocked the nation.
Incidentally, Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is pursuing his graduation from the same college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena