Ranchi girl beheading: Accused sentenced to death
Ranchi: Bijendra Kumar, convicted in Kushboo murder case, was sentenced to death by a city court on Wednesday.
The court of Ranchi judicial commissioner, SH Kazmi accepted the prosecution’s plea to take the crime as rarest of rare, hence fit to be awarded death sentence.
Kumar had beheaded Khushboo right outside her classroom in St Xavier`s College on April 27. 2011. The murder was found to be the result of a failed love affair.
Khushboo was a resident of Tupudana in Ranchi while, Bijendra Kumar, was pursuing engineering at the time of the incident and was living in Jamshedpur.
The incident had shocked the nation.
Incidentally, Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is pursuing his graduation from the same college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England