Ranchi girl beheading: Accused sentenced to death
Ranchi: Bijendra Kumar, convicted in Kushboo murder case, was sentenced to death by a city court on Wednesday.
The court of Ranchi judicial commissioner, SH Kazmi accepted the prosecution’s plea to take the crime as rarest of rare, hence fit to be awarded death sentence.
Kumar had beheaded Khushboo right outside her classroom in St Xavier`s College on April 27. 2011. The murder was found to be the result of a failed love affair.
Khushboo was a resident of Tupudana in Ranchi while, Bijendra Kumar, was pursuing engineering at the time of the incident and was living in Jamshedpur.
The incident had shocked the nation.
Incidentally, Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is pursuing his graduation from the same college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa