Rape victim attempts suicide in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): An alleged rape victim on Monday attempted suicide in a court room at Medininagar in Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Demanding early hearing of her case, the 32-year-old woman allegedly consumed sulphur in the court of Principal Sessions Judge Vishnu Kant Sahay, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar said here.
Kumar said the woman entered the court room and pleaded to hear her case first. When the judge suggested her to take a lawyer`s help, she allegedly consumed sulphur. The court was adjourned immediately after the incident.
The Dy SP said one Samshed Alam, accused of raping the woman some time ago, was scheduled for production before the court during the day when the incident occurred.
"The condition of the woman is stable and is recovering in the Sadar Hospital," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan