Rape victim attempts suicide in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): An alleged rape victim on Monday attempted suicide in a court room at Medininagar in Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Demanding early hearing of her case, the 32-year-old woman allegedly consumed sulphur in the court of Principal Sessions Judge Vishnu Kant Sahay, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar said here.
Kumar said the woman entered the court room and pleaded to hear her case first. When the judge suggested her to take a lawyer`s help, she allegedly consumed sulphur. The court was adjourned immediately after the incident.
The Dy SP said one Samshed Alam, accused of raping the woman some time ago, was scheduled for production before the court during the day when the incident occurred.
"The condition of the woman is stable and is recovering in the Sadar Hospital," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'