Rape victim attempts suicide in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): An alleged rape victim on Monday attempted suicide in a court room at Medininagar in Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Demanding early hearing of her case, the 32-year-old woman allegedly consumed sulphur in the court of Principal Sessions Judge Vishnu Kant Sahay, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar said here.
Kumar said the woman entered the court room and pleaded to hear her case first. When the judge suggested her to take a lawyer`s help, she allegedly consumed sulphur. The court was adjourned immediately after the incident.
The Dy SP said one Samshed Alam, accused of raping the woman some time ago, was scheduled for production before the court during the day when the incident occurred.
"The condition of the woman is stable and is recovering in the Sadar Hospital," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls