Real time intelligence imp for anti-Naxal ops success: Govt
Ranchi: The Union Home Ministry on Tuesday stressed on the availability of real time intelligence to para military forces for maximum success in anti-Maoist operations.
"What is more necessary is to get real time intelligence and information in combating the Maoists as the CRPF personnel (deployed in Jharkhand) are from outside, and they work on intelligence inputs," Minister of State for Home Affairs R P N Singh told reporters here.
CRPF`s intelligence-based movement deep into forests should be accurate and local police alone can make their movement successful with real time intelligence, minimising the casualty to security forces, he said.
Singh said coordination between CRPF and local police is there but it require further improvement.
"We have discussed on all aspects during our meeting in Ranchi today where officials from both the state and the union home ministry and the CRPF DGP were present...The most important thing is, the local police network should be strengthened," Singh said.
Stating that development projects should be sped up, especially in Maoist-affected areas, Singh regretted that only 15 per cent funds earmarked for road work have been spent so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video