Refrain from politics of opportunism: Jharkhand CM to opposition
Ranchi: Taking exception to the opposition charges like "murder of democracy" during the formation of his government, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Saturday called upon the opposition to refrain from politics of opportunism.
"Both outside and inside the Assembly several queries were raised about the government formation (on July 13), even (some said) `murder of democracy`," Soren said in his speech to the House on the last day.
"I would only tell my opposition friends that the House is there for debate...Politics should be principle-based and not politics of opportunism," Soren said without revealing on which of the remarks in the House he had taken exception to.
Ahead of Soren`s speech, his JMM MLA Hemlal Murmu took exception to senior BJP leader Raghuvar Das accusing the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha of "bereft of political character" as it "goes with the fruit."
"For BJP, it`s a case of sour grapes. When we were with the BJP, the JMM`s character was good, and now it has become bad," Murmu said and warned Das that the people would judge the political characters.
The BJP and the JMM had shared power twice in this House before the JMM joining hands with the Congress and the RJD and Raghuvar Das was a deputy Chief Minister in the Shibu Soren government in the same house.
Apparently reacting to Das`s another criticism of his earlier speech in which Soren had himself referred to his government as "fractured", the Chief Minister asked the opposition to desist from trivialising matters.
"The state is teeming with challenges and Jharkhand has lost twelve precious years. You (opposition) have raised several questions but no solutions. I expect constructive cooperation," said Soren, adding even good things should be projected by the opposition.
Das was speaking on a cut motion moved by the opposition against about Rs 796.78 crore supplementary budget on the last day of the session.
The supplementary was later passed through voice vote, and rejected the cut motion brought by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Pradip Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read