Retired Army jawan arrested for carrying live cartridges in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A retired army jawan was on Monday arrested for carrying 55 live cartridges at Tatanagar Railway station here, police said.
Ramesh Kayam, a resident of Chakradharpur in adjoining West Singhbhum district, was arrested soon after he alighted from a train, DySP (law and order) Kanhaiya Upadhyay said.
Upadhyay said 55 live cartridges have been seized from him.
The cartridges are of 9mm bore, SLR and AK-47 rifle, he said.
The jawan was heading towards the Bagbera locality on the outskirts of the steel city to sell them when he was caught, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler