Retired Army jawan arrested for carrying live cartridges in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A retired army jawan was on Monday arrested for carrying 55 live cartridges at Tatanagar Railway station here, police said.
Ramesh Kayam, a resident of Chakradharpur in adjoining West Singhbhum district, was arrested soon after he alighted from a train, DySP (law and order) Kanhaiya Upadhyay said.
Upadhyay said 55 live cartridges have been seized from him.
The cartridges are of 9mm bore, SLR and AK-47 rifle, he said.
The jawan was heading towards the Bagbera locality on the outskirts of the steel city to sell them when he was caught, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'