Rivers flowing above danger level in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: Swarnarekha and Kharkhai rivers
are flowing above their danger marks in this steel city Friday as incessant rains since Wednesday submerged about 30 houses in the low-lying areas.
The water levels of the two rivers were also pushed up as
sluice gates neighbouring Mayurbhanj district of Orissa were
opened, Dalbhun sub-divisional officer Subodh Kumar said.
Kharkhai is flowing at 131.25 m against the danger level
of 129 m, while Swarnarekha was flowing at 121.08 m against
the danger level of 121.05 m, official sources said.
There was, however no report of any loss of life due to
the flood-like situation and East Singhbhum district
administration has shifted the affected families living in
low-lying areas of Bagbera to a nearby primary school building
during the day, Kumar said.
The administration has appealed to others living in
low-lying areas to shift to safer places in view of the rising
water levels of the two rivers.
Local NGOs like Bagbera Mahanagar Vikas Samity have lent
a helping hand to the affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya