Rivers flowing above danger level in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: Swarnarekha and Kharkhai rivers
are flowing above their danger marks in this steel city Friday as incessant rains since Wednesday submerged about 30 houses in the low-lying areas.
The water levels of the two rivers were also pushed up as
sluice gates neighbouring Mayurbhanj district of Orissa were
opened, Dalbhun sub-divisional officer Subodh Kumar said.
Kharkhai is flowing at 131.25 m against the danger level
of 129 m, while Swarnarekha was flowing at 121.08 m against
the danger level of 121.05 m, official sources said.
There was, however no report of any loss of life due to
the flood-like situation and East Singhbhum district
administration has shifted the affected families living in
low-lying areas of Bagbera to a nearby primary school building
during the day, Kumar said.
The administration has appealed to others living in
low-lying areas to shift to safer places in view of the rising
water levels of the two rivers.
Local NGOs like Bagbera Mahanagar Vikas Samity have lent
a helping hand to the affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what