RJD asks Soren to show strength in assembly
Ranchi: Opposition RJD today demanded that a
special session of Jharkhand assembly be convened and Chief
Minister Shibu Soren prove his strength in the house in view
of the withdrawal of support by BJP and then its putting the
decision on hold.
"The governor should immediately convene a special
session and ask the Soren government to show his strength in
the house and clear the political uncertainty," RJD state
unit President Girinath Singh told a news conference here.
"If the chief minister fails to show his strength the
governor could call the second largest alliance to form the
government ... We are with secular forces," he said.
Singh also demanded to know why BJP parliamentary board
put on hold its decision to withdraw support to JMM that had
stalled all development works triggering a `political vaccuum`
in the state.
"JMM leader Hemant Soren and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh
Mahto both had yesterday claimed Shibu Soren continues as the
chief minister at the head of the JMM/BJP/AJSU coalition. But
there is no word from the state leaders of BJP on the fate of
the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam