RJD asks Soren to show strength in assembly
Ranchi: Opposition RJD today demanded that a
special session of Jharkhand assembly be convened and Chief
Minister Shibu Soren prove his strength in the house in view
of the withdrawal of support by BJP and then its putting the
decision on hold.
"The governor should immediately convene a special
session and ask the Soren government to show his strength in
the house and clear the political uncertainty," RJD state
unit President Girinath Singh told a news conference here.
"If the chief minister fails to show his strength the
governor could call the second largest alliance to form the
government ... We are with secular forces," he said.
Singh also demanded to know why BJP parliamentary board
put on hold its decision to withdraw support to JMM that had
stalled all development works triggering a `political vaccuum`
in the state.
"JMM leader Hemant Soren and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh
Mahto both had yesterday claimed Shibu Soren continues as the
chief minister at the head of the JMM/BJP/AJSU coalition. But
there is no word from the state leaders of BJP on the fate of
the government," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory