RJD asks Soren to show strength in assembly
Ranchi: Opposition RJD today demanded that a
special session of Jharkhand assembly be convened and Chief
Minister Shibu Soren prove his strength in the house in view
of the withdrawal of support by BJP and then its putting the
decision on hold.
"The governor should immediately convene a special
session and ask the Soren government to show his strength in
the house and clear the political uncertainty," RJD state
unit President Girinath Singh told a news conference here.
"If the chief minister fails to show his strength the
governor could call the second largest alliance to form the
government ... We are with secular forces," he said.
Singh also demanded to know why BJP parliamentary board
put on hold its decision to withdraw support to JMM that had
stalled all development works triggering a `political vaccuum`
in the state.
"JMM leader Hemant Soren and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh
Mahto both had yesterday claimed Shibu Soren continues as the
chief minister at the head of the JMM/BJP/AJSU coalition. But
there is no word from the state leaders of BJP on the fate of
the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state