RJD asks Soren to show strength in assembly
Ranchi: Opposition RJD today demanded that a
special session of Jharkhand assembly be convened and Chief
Minister Shibu Soren prove his strength in the house in view
of the withdrawal of support by BJP and then its putting the
decision on hold.
"The governor should immediately convene a special
session and ask the Soren government to show his strength in
the house and clear the political uncertainty," RJD state
unit President Girinath Singh told a news conference here.
"If the chief minister fails to show his strength the
governor could call the second largest alliance to form the
government ... We are with secular forces," he said.
Singh also demanded to know why BJP parliamentary board
put on hold its decision to withdraw support to JMM that had
stalled all development works triggering a `political vaccuum`
in the state.
"JMM leader Hemant Soren and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh
Mahto both had yesterday claimed Shibu Soren continues as the
chief minister at the head of the JMM/BJP/AJSU coalition. But
there is no word from the state leaders of BJP on the fate of
the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack