RJD asks Soren to show strength in assembly
Ranchi: Opposition RJD today demanded that a
special session of Jharkhand assembly be convened and Chief
Minister Shibu Soren prove his strength in the house in view
of the withdrawal of support by BJP and then its putting the
decision on hold.
"The governor should immediately convene a special
session and ask the Soren government to show his strength in
the house and clear the political uncertainty," RJD state
unit President Girinath Singh told a news conference here.
"If the chief minister fails to show his strength the
governor could call the second largest alliance to form the
government ... We are with secular forces," he said.
Singh also demanded to know why BJP parliamentary board
put on hold its decision to withdraw support to JMM that had
stalled all development works triggering a `political vaccuum`
in the state.
"JMM leader Hemant Soren and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh
Mahto both had yesterday claimed Shibu Soren continues as the
chief minister at the head of the JMM/BJP/AJSU coalition. But
there is no word from the state leaders of BJP on the fate of
the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown