RJD marks 19th foundation day
Ranchi: The RJD on Saturday celebrated the party`s 19th foundation day in all districts of Jharkhand with leaders pledging support to party supremo Lalu Prasad.
"All leaders and activists of the party should continue to reach out and help the downtrodden and the deprived sections," party leader and Jharkhand Tourism Minister Suresh Paswan told a party meeting here.
He exhorted the party workers to throw their weight behind Prasad and strengthen the party ahead of the Assembly elections later this year.
The party`s state president Girinath Singh called upon party leaders to work in unity as the motto behind floating the party in 1996 was to give social justice which had current relevance.
Party spokesman Manoj Kumar said, "We should all pledge to take forward the idealism of social justice followed by Lalu Prasad."
The RJD is a partner in the Hemant Soren-led government in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa