Robbery at ex-TN Governor`s home
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Burglars scaled the two-storied ancestral house of former Tamil Nadu Governor Bhisma Narain Singh at Hamidgunj in Palamu district Friday night and took away utensils, a licensed revolver and cash.
The miscreants scaled the iron-gate entrance before they climbed up on upper floor of the building situated 50 yards away from the police line and decamped with the articles kept in an almirah, DIG (Palamu) Praveen Kumar said.
Kumar told newsmen that Singh’s wife was only present in the house when the incident took place.
Police formed a special team to apprehend the culprits even investigations began into the matter after a FIR was lodged on the statement of Singh’s wife.
A senior Congress leader, Singh had also been a Parliamentary Affair Minister in former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi’s Cabinet during 1980-82 and was nominated as Governor of Assam and Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram by former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'