Rocket launchers found in Jharkhand Maoist den
Ranchi: Security personnel have for the first time recovered four rocket launchers from a Maoist hideout in Jharkhand`s Latehar district, police said Tuesday.
The state police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel recovered the rocket launchers from Auria jungle Monday.
"It seems that the Maoists did not use the rocket launchers yet. We are, however, ready to deal with any situation," Jharkhand Police spokesperson SN Pradhan said.
Police officers involved in anti-guerrilla operations were concerned about the recovery.
"It is indeed a cause of concern for us. Use of helicopters was considered safe in Maoist-hit areas, but if they succeed in using rocket launchers and mortar, then the helicopters cannot be used," a police officer said.
Police had earlier recovered mortars from Saranda jungle in West Singhbhum district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?