Rocket launchers found in Jharkhand Maoist den
Ranchi: Security personnel have for the first time recovered four rocket launchers from a Maoist hideout in Jharkhand`s Latehar district, police said Tuesday.
The state police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel recovered the rocket launchers from Auria jungle Monday.
"It seems that the Maoists did not use the rocket launchers yet. We are, however, ready to deal with any situation," Jharkhand Police spokesperson SN Pradhan said.
Police officers involved in anti-guerrilla operations were concerned about the recovery.
"It is indeed a cause of concern for us. Use of helicopters was considered safe in Maoist-hit areas, but if they succeed in using rocket launchers and mortar, then the helicopters cannot be used," a police officer said.
Police had earlier recovered mortars from Saranda jungle in West Singhbhum district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP