Rocket launchers found in Jharkhand Maoist den
Ranchi: Security personnel have for the first time recovered four rocket launchers from a Maoist hideout in Jharkhand`s Latehar district, police said Tuesday.
The state police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel recovered the rocket launchers from Auria jungle Monday.
"It seems that the Maoists did not use the rocket launchers yet. We are, however, ready to deal with any situation," Jharkhand Police spokesperson SN Pradhan said.
Police officers involved in anti-guerrilla operations were concerned about the recovery.
"It is indeed a cause of concern for us. Use of helicopters was considered safe in Maoist-hit areas, but if they succeed in using rocket launchers and mortar, then the helicopters cannot be used," a police officer said.
Police had earlier recovered mortars from Saranda jungle in West Singhbhum district.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi