RPN Singh meets killed CRPF man`s family
Jaipur: Union Minister of State for Home RPN Singh on Saturday visited the family of a CRPF constable who was killed in a Naxal ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar district earlier this month.
Singh, accompanied by CRPF chief Pranay Sahay and other senior officials, spent about an hour at the ancestral home of Constable Shankar Lal Chowdhary at Amipura village and handed over three separate cheques worth Rs 16 lakh to the family as part of government`s assistance to troops killed in the line of duty.
Chowdhary was among the nine CRPF troopers who were killed in the January 7 encounter in Latehar. His body was recovered in a forest a day later.
"The minister came and met us and consoled the wife and other family members of Shankar. He gave two cheques worth Rs 2 lakh each to the mother and father and one cheque of Rs 12 lakh to his wife Mohini Devi," Chowdhary`s cousin Bhanwar Lal Chowdhary said.
22-year-old Chowdhary was part of the 134th battalion of the CRPF deployed for anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand.
The Union Minister is at present in the state capital to attend the three-day Congress `Chintan Shivir`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!