RPN Singh meets killed CRPF man`s family
Jaipur: Union Minister of State for Home RPN Singh on Saturday visited the family of a CRPF constable who was killed in a Naxal ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar district earlier this month.
Singh, accompanied by CRPF chief Pranay Sahay and other senior officials, spent about an hour at the ancestral home of Constable Shankar Lal Chowdhary at Amipura village and handed over three separate cheques worth Rs 16 lakh to the family as part of government`s assistance to troops killed in the line of duty.
Chowdhary was among the nine CRPF troopers who were killed in the January 7 encounter in Latehar. His body was recovered in a forest a day later.
"The minister came and met us and consoled the wife and other family members of Shankar. He gave two cheques worth Rs 2 lakh each to the mother and father and one cheque of Rs 12 lakh to his wife Mohini Devi," Chowdhary`s cousin Bhanwar Lal Chowdhary said.
22-year-old Chowdhary was part of the 134th battalion of the CRPF deployed for anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand.
The Union Minister is at present in the state capital to attend the three-day Congress `Chintan Shivir`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter