RS horse trading case: Court nod to attach JMM MLA`s property
Ranchi: A CBI court on Saturday granted the investigating agency permission to attach the property of JMM MLA Sita Soren in connection with the 2012 horse trading case.
Court of RK Choudhary directed the attachment of property of Sita Soren as well as her father BN Majhi. Sita is the sister-in-law of Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
The CBI had moved a petition, a week after Jharkhand High Court revoked the stay order obtained by Sita against lower court`s warrant of her arrest and property attachment last year.
Sita Soren is one of the accused in the case and the CBI raided the premises of at least 23 MLAs of different political parties as part of its investigations.
The agency registered the case on the direction of the high court following the seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash from a car allegedly belonging to kin of independent candidate and Jamshedpur-based industrialist RK Agarwal on March 30, 2012 forcing the Election Commission of India to countermand the elections before holding them afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH