RS polls: Rs 2.5 crore seized from a car in Ranchi
Ranchi: The Income Tax (I-T) Department on Friday seized nearly Rs 2.25 crore from a car on the outskirts of Ranchi.
Confirming the development, Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said, “The car carrying over Rs two crore was seized near Namkum. The owner of the car is said to be from a sponge iron factory in Jamshedpur."
The car was seized during a joint operation by the police and I-T sleuths following a tip off in this regard.
According to reports, two unidentified persons have been detained for carrying cash.
The recovery of cash has come on a day when the polling for Rajya Sabha for two seats from Jharkhand is due today.
As per the initial report, the car belongs to a kin of the Rajya Sabha hopeful, RS Aggarwal, who is contesting the polls as an independent candidate.
Asked whether there was any link with the Rajya Sabha elections, the SSP said investigations were on.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred