RS polls: Rs 2.5 crore seized from a car in Ranchi
Ranchi: The Income Tax (I-T) Department on Friday seized nearly Rs 2.25 crore from a car on the outskirts of Ranchi.
Confirming the development, Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said, “The car carrying over Rs two crore was seized near Namkum. The owner of the car is said to be from a sponge iron factory in Jamshedpur."
The car was seized during a joint operation by the police and I-T sleuths following a tip off in this regard.
According to reports, two unidentified persons have been detained for carrying cash.
The recovery of cash has come on a day when the polling for Rajya Sabha for two seats from Jharkhand is due today.
As per the initial report, the car belongs to a kin of the Rajya Sabha hopeful, RS Aggarwal, who is contesting the polls as an independent candidate.
Asked whether there was any link with the Rajya Sabha elections, the SSP said investigations were on.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?