Ruckus in Jharkhand house against additional fuel cess
Ranchi: Opposition members in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday demanded withdrawal of State Road Development Fund Bill arguing the new cess would shoot up prices of petrol
and diesel as Speaker CP Singh was forced to adjourn the house for 30 minutes.
As the house assembled the leader of opposition, RP Singh, expressed concern over the bill being passed yesterday despite an empty opposition bench and demanded its withdrawal
while CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh said the government should rightfully withdraw the bill in the interest of public.
RJD MLA Annapurna Devi said after the bill`s assent, prices on petrol and diesel would increase.
The speaker asked the opposition, which had yesterday boycotted as five bills were passed by voice vote, why they did not stay in the house and voice their opposition at that
time as done by the lone CPI-ML-Liberation MLA.
After the house re-assembled, the opposition demanded tabling of Debasish Gupta report on the 2005/06 lease renewal of a corporate major.
Even senior BJP leader Raghuvar Das reminded the speaker`s direction last week asking the government to come with the `report on Tata lease renewal`. The Speaker`s direction came after a question of Congress MLA Bana Gupta on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev