Ruckus in Jharkhand house against additional fuel cess
Ranchi: Opposition members in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday demanded withdrawal of State Road Development Fund Bill arguing the new cess would shoot up prices of petrol
and diesel as Speaker CP Singh was forced to adjourn the house for 30 minutes.
As the house assembled the leader of opposition, RP Singh, expressed concern over the bill being passed yesterday despite an empty opposition bench and demanded its withdrawal
while CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh said the government should rightfully withdraw the bill in the interest of public.
RJD MLA Annapurna Devi said after the bill`s assent, prices on petrol and diesel would increase.
The speaker asked the opposition, which had yesterday boycotted as five bills were passed by voice vote, why they did not stay in the house and voice their opposition at that
time as done by the lone CPI-ML-Liberation MLA.
After the house re-assembled, the opposition demanded tabling of Debasish Gupta report on the 2005/06 lease renewal of a corporate major.
Even senior BJP leader Raghuvar Das reminded the speaker`s direction last week asking the government to come with the `report on Tata lease renewal`. The Speaker`s direction came after a question of Congress MLA Bana Gupta on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today