Ruckus in Jharkhand house against additional fuel cess
Ranchi: Opposition members in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday demanded withdrawal of State Road Development Fund Bill arguing the new cess would shoot up prices of petrol
and diesel as Speaker CP Singh was forced to adjourn the house for 30 minutes.
As the house assembled the leader of opposition, RP Singh, expressed concern over the bill being passed yesterday despite an empty opposition bench and demanded its withdrawal
while CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh said the government should rightfully withdraw the bill in the interest of public.
RJD MLA Annapurna Devi said after the bill`s assent, prices on petrol and diesel would increase.
The speaker asked the opposition, which had yesterday boycotted as five bills were passed by voice vote, why they did not stay in the house and voice their opposition at that
time as done by the lone CPI-ML-Liberation MLA.
After the house re-assembled, the opposition demanded tabling of Debasish Gupta report on the 2005/06 lease renewal of a corporate major.
Even senior BJP leader Raghuvar Das reminded the speaker`s direction last week asking the government to come with the `report on Tata lease renewal`. The Speaker`s direction came after a question of Congress MLA Bana Gupta on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha