Ruling and opposition members in Jharkhand demand Local Policy
Ranchi: Ruling JMM MLAs and opposition members on Wednesday demanded that the Jharkhand government announce its `Local Policy` as per the commitment it made in the winter session of the Assembly.
Raised by opposition BJP leader C P Singh during the question hour, BJP MLA Raghuvar Das, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) MLA Pradip Yadav and other opposition members reminded of the Hemant Soren government`s promise made during the previous session that it would announce a `Local Policy` by February 26.
JMM MLAs Jagannath Mahato and some other legislators also trooped in the Well supporting the demand.
Terming it as a serious issue, Das, a former deputy chief minister, said the state government should announce it immediately.
Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta had to adjourn the House twice following the din.
Several political parties in Jharkhand have been favouring a `Local Policy` that could provide government employment to the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you