Ruling and opposition members in Jharkhand demand Local Policy
Ranchi: Ruling JMM MLAs and opposition members on Wednesday demanded that the Jharkhand government announce its `Local Policy` as per the commitment it made in the winter session of the Assembly.
Raised by opposition BJP leader C P Singh during the question hour, BJP MLA Raghuvar Das, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) MLA Pradip Yadav and other opposition members reminded of the Hemant Soren government`s promise made during the previous session that it would announce a `Local Policy` by February 26.
JMM MLAs Jagannath Mahato and some other legislators also trooped in the Well supporting the demand.
Terming it as a serious issue, Das, a former deputy chief minister, said the state government should announce it immediately.
Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta had to adjourn the House twice following the din.
Several political parties in Jharkhand have been favouring a `Local Policy` that could provide government employment to the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur