Ruling and opposition members in Jharkhand demand Local Policy
Ranchi: Ruling JMM MLAs and opposition members on Wednesday demanded that the Jharkhand government announce its `Local Policy` as per the commitment it made in the winter session of the Assembly.
Raised by opposition BJP leader C P Singh during the question hour, BJP MLA Raghuvar Das, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) MLA Pradip Yadav and other opposition members reminded of the Hemant Soren government`s promise made during the previous session that it would announce a `Local Policy` by February 26.
JMM MLAs Jagannath Mahato and some other legislators also trooped in the Well supporting the demand.
Terming it as a serious issue, Das, a former deputy chief minister, said the state government should announce it immediately.
Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta had to adjourn the House twice following the din.
Several political parties in Jharkhand have been favouring a `Local Policy` that could provide government employment to the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC