Saranda operation: fresh securitymen to join
Jamshedpur: Fresh reinforcements were on Tuesday rushed to take on Maoists in Saranda forest in Jharkhand where an encounter left three securitymen and 12 ultras dead.
"The operation is on. Security personnel are engaged in the operation to flush out the Maoists," DIG (Kolhan range), Navin Kumar Singh, said, refuting reports that the
offensive was called off.
“A new batch of securitymen is being inducted in the ongoing operation to give rest to the personnel fighting for the past four days," he said. "We have to detect Maoist dens in deep jungles and chalk out strategy accordingly before re-intensifying the operation," he said and added the forces have not yet been withdrawn completely from the jungle.
Three security personnel and 12 ultras had been killed since the beginning of the operation on Saturday. Bodies of four of the 12 Maoists were recovered while
the rest were taken away by the Naxals, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram