SBI branch manager abducted in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Suspected ultras on late Saturday abducted a bank manager in Palamau district, a senior police officer said.
Anup Kumar Singh, the manager of State Bank of India`s Panki branch, was going to Ranchi when suspected extremists abducted him near Salughati under Panki police station, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Palamau Range) Ravi Kant Dhan said here.
Raids have been launched, he said.
The police sources said it was being ascertained how many occupants were in the car, whereabouts of the vehicle and the reason behind the abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today