SBI branch manager abducted in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Suspected ultras on late Saturday abducted a bank manager in Palamau district, a senior police officer said.
Anup Kumar Singh, the manager of State Bank of India`s Panki branch, was going to Ranchi when suspected extremists abducted him near Salughati under Panki police station, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Palamau Range) Ravi Kant Dhan said here.
Raids have been launched, he said.
The police sources said it was being ascertained how many occupants were in the car, whereabouts of the vehicle and the reason behind the abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London
- Nirbhaya rapist has links with jihadists; UP police advised to keep close watch
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments