School students arrested in road robbery case
Medininagar: Seven school students were on Friday, arrested with arms and ammunitions, when they were engaged in road robbery in Palamu district.
The teenagers of class IX and X are students of Girwar High School in Medininagar, said, Superintendent of Police (acting) Sudhir Kumar Jha.
Acting on a tip-off, cops from Chainpur police station reached the spot in plain clothes and arrested four students, while they were looting vehicles at gun-point.
Three others, who managed to flee the scene, were caught by the villagers and handed over to police, Jha said, adding that the students, aged between 15-18 yrs, had already looted three vehicles including two buses.
Two pistols, four live cartridges, two mobile phones and a sim card was recovered from their possession, he said adding, that the arrested youths have been identified as Devendra Prasad, Murtaza Ali, Santosh Gupta, Ankit Paswan, Amresh Prajapati, Sirjan Thakur and Manoj Kumar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram