School students arrested in road robbery case
Medininagar: Seven school students were on Friday, arrested with arms and ammunitions, when they were engaged in road robbery in Palamu district.
The teenagers of class IX and X are students of Girwar High School in Medininagar, said, Superintendent of Police (acting) Sudhir Kumar Jha.
Acting on a tip-off, cops from Chainpur police station reached the spot in plain clothes and arrested four students, while they were looting vehicles at gun-point.
Three others, who managed to flee the scene, were caught by the villagers and handed over to police, Jha said, adding that the students, aged between 15-18 yrs, had already looted three vehicles including two buses.
Two pistols, four live cartridges, two mobile phones and a sim card was recovered from their possession, he said adding, that the arrested youths have been identified as Devendra Prasad, Murtaza Ali, Santosh Gupta, Ankit Paswan, Amresh Prajapati, Sirjan Thakur and Manoj Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead