School students arrested in road robbery case
Medininagar: Seven school students were on Friday, arrested with arms and ammunitions, when they were engaged in road robbery in Palamu district.
The teenagers of class IX and X are students of Girwar High School in Medininagar, said, Superintendent of Police (acting) Sudhir Kumar Jha.
Acting on a tip-off, cops from Chainpur police station reached the spot in plain clothes and arrested four students, while they were looting vehicles at gun-point.
Three others, who managed to flee the scene, were caught by the villagers and handed over to police, Jha said, adding that the students, aged between 15-18 yrs, had already looted three vehicles including two buses.
Two pistols, four live cartridges, two mobile phones and a sim card was recovered from their possession, he said adding, that the arrested youths have been identified as Devendra Prasad, Murtaza Ali, Santosh Gupta, Ankit Paswan, Amresh Prajapati, Sirjan Thakur and Manoj Kumar.
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today