Search operation intensified for release of WWF volunteers
Kokrajhar: The three WWF volunteers are
still in the captivity of their abductors and security forces
have intensified search operations in this Assam district for
their safe release, police said on Wednesday.
"The security forces have intensified search operation
and police have been mounting pressure on the extremist group
involved in the abduction of WWF volunteers from Ultapani on
Sunday to release them," SP P K Dutta said here.
Six WWF volunteers were abducted from Ultapani on
Sunday and of them, three women were freed by the abductors
The three women volunteers have been safely handed
over to their families, Dutta said.
Yesterday, Dutta said that the anti-talk faction of
NDFB was responsible for the kidnapping of the volunteers who
were engaged in census of tigers and elephants inside the
Manas Tiger reserve, a world heritage site.
The three still in captivity are Syed Naushad Zaman
of Golaghat, Gautam Kishore Sarma of Guwahati and Pranjal
Saikia of Nagaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!