Search operation intensified for release of WWF volunteers
Kokrajhar: The three WWF volunteers are
still in the captivity of their abductors and security forces
have intensified search operations in this Assam district for
their safe release, police said on Wednesday.
"The security forces have intensified search operation
and police have been mounting pressure on the extremist group
involved in the abduction of WWF volunteers from Ultapani on
Sunday to release them," SP P K Dutta said here.
Six WWF volunteers were abducted from Ultapani on
Sunday and of them, three women were freed by the abductors
The three women volunteers have been safely handed
over to their families, Dutta said.
Yesterday, Dutta said that the anti-talk faction of
NDFB was responsible for the kidnapping of the volunteers who
were engaged in census of tigers and elephants inside the
Manas Tiger reserve, a world heritage site.
The three still in captivity are Syed Naushad Zaman
of Golaghat, Gautam Kishore Sarma of Guwahati and Pranjal
Saikia of Nagaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi