Security forces` encounter with Maoists, explosives recovered
Khunti: Security forces and Maoists on Saturday night traded gunfire for half an hour near Milepidih village in Khunti district, after which police recovered explosives from the site, a police officer said.
The encounter broke out around 9 pm when the Maoists saw the security personnel, Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan said here.
Led by Commandant Puranachand, the personnel of the district police and the CoBRA battalion raided the village following a tip-off that the rebels had taken shelter in an abandoned house, he said.
The left-wing extremists fled the area taking advantage of darkness.
The police super said eight IEDs each weighing 2.5 kg, five grenades, 150 bullets and 50 detonators were recovered during search operation. There was no casualty in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote