Security forces exchange gunfire with Naxalites in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh: The security forces on Friday excahnged gunfire in an encounter with the
Naxalites, suspected to be of the Jharkhand Prastuti Committee, in the forests of Hazaribagh district, police said.
"Bloodstains were found at the encounter site and the villagers claim to have seen two Naxalites, either injured or killed, being carried off by their associates," district Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj told a agency.
Apparently running out of ammunition and bullets, the Naxalites retreated deeper into the forests of Pandanwa, about 60 km from here, after trading gunfire for three hours, he
Getting a tip-off that the ultras had gathered in the jungles, apparently to extort money from the contractors, a police task force, assisted by the India Resevere Battalion, reached the forests, Kamboj said.
On seeing the securitymen, the naxalites fired, he said adding the strong reply by the security forces forced them to escape into the dense forests.
The police recovered JPC-embossed uniform, utensils, a cell phone and literature, the police officer said.
JPC is a breakaway group of the CPI (Maoist), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores