Security forces exchange gunfire with Naxalites in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh: The security forces on Friday excahnged gunfire in an encounter with the
Naxalites, suspected to be of the Jharkhand Prastuti Committee, in the forests of Hazaribagh district, police said.
"Bloodstains were found at the encounter site and the villagers claim to have seen two Naxalites, either injured or killed, being carried off by their associates," district Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj told a agency.
Apparently running out of ammunition and bullets, the Naxalites retreated deeper into the forests of Pandanwa, about 60 km from here, after trading gunfire for three hours, he
Getting a tip-off that the ultras had gathered in the jungles, apparently to extort money from the contractors, a police task force, assisted by the India Resevere Battalion, reached the forests, Kamboj said.
On seeing the securitymen, the naxalites fired, he said adding the strong reply by the security forces forced them to escape into the dense forests.
The police recovered JPC-embossed uniform, utensils, a cell phone and literature, the police officer said.
JPC is a breakaway group of the CPI (Maoist), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials