Security forces launch operation to nab dreaded Maoist
Ranchi: The security forces on Tuesday launched a massive raid in the dense Gidhania forest in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district in search of a top Maoist leader having Rs ten lakh reward on his head, the police said.
Getting information that self-styled Maoist zonal commander Navin Manjhi alias Banshi Manjhi was supposedly hiding in the forest, the CRPF and the police launched search operation, a senior police officer said over phone.
Manjhi, who is heads the "Jinga Zone" covering Hazaribagh, Giridih and Bokaro districts, has been evading arrest in connection with about hundred naxal-related cases for the last twenty years, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test