Security forces launch operation to nab dreaded Maoist
Ranchi: The security forces on Tuesday launched a massive raid in the dense Gidhania forest in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district in search of a top Maoist leader having Rs ten lakh reward on his head, the police said.
Getting information that self-styled Maoist zonal commander Navin Manjhi alias Banshi Manjhi was supposedly hiding in the forest, the CRPF and the police launched search operation, a senior police officer said over phone.
Manjhi, who is heads the "Jinga Zone" covering Hazaribagh, Giridih and Bokaro districts, has been evading arrest in connection with about hundred naxal-related cases for the last twenty years, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step