Security forces launch operation to nab dreaded Maoist
Ranchi: The security forces on Tuesday launched a massive raid in the dense Gidhania forest in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district in search of a top Maoist leader having Rs ten lakh reward on his head, the police said.
Getting information that self-styled Maoist zonal commander Navin Manjhi alias Banshi Manjhi was supposedly hiding in the forest, the CRPF and the police launched search operation, a senior police officer said over phone.
Manjhi, who is heads the "Jinga Zone" covering Hazaribagh, Giridih and Bokaro districts, has been evading arrest in connection with about hundred naxal-related cases for the last twenty years, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB