Security forces launch operation to nab dreaded Maoist
Ranchi: The security forces on Tuesday launched a massive raid in the dense Gidhania forest in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district in search of a top Maoist leader having Rs ten lakh reward on his head, the police said.
Getting information that self-styled Maoist zonal commander Navin Manjhi alias Banshi Manjhi was supposedly hiding in the forest, the CRPF and the police launched search operation, a senior police officer said over phone.
Manjhi, who is heads the "Jinga Zone" covering Hazaribagh, Giridih and Bokaro districts, has been evading arrest in connection with about hundred naxal-related cases for the last twenty years, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!