Security forces to ensusre speed up dev works in naxal areas
Medininagar: The Jharkhand police and para-military forces would ensure protection
development work in the fast-lane in naxal-affected Palamau division, a senior state official said on Thursday.
"Extremism is an impediment in the speeding up of development work. A mechanism is in place wherein protection from para-military forces and the state police can be taken to
speed up developmental work," Chief Secretary AK Singh said while chairing a high-level meeting comprising officials of Palamau, Garhwa and Latehar here.
Expressing displeasure over tardy pace of the work despite fund allocation, he asked the officials to spend 80 percent of fund allocation by December in developmental work,
particularly in irrigation, health, drinking water and agriculture sectors.
He also asked officials to properly implement pilot
projects in the Palamau division.
The Palamau division is the worst naxal-affected zone
in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming