Security forces to ensusre speed up dev works in naxal areas
Medininagar: The Jharkhand police and para-military forces would ensure protection
development work in the fast-lane in naxal-affected Palamau division, a senior state official said on Thursday.
"Extremism is an impediment in the speeding up of development work. A mechanism is in place wherein protection from para-military forces and the state police can be taken to
speed up developmental work," Chief Secretary AK Singh said while chairing a high-level meeting comprising officials of Palamau, Garhwa and Latehar here.
Expressing displeasure over tardy pace of the work despite fund allocation, he asked the officials to spend 80 percent of fund allocation by December in developmental work,
particularly in irrigation, health, drinking water and agriculture sectors.
He also asked officials to properly implement pilot
projects in the Palamau division.
The Palamau division is the worst naxal-affected zone
in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'