Seed scam: Ex-Jharkhand minister`s bail plea rejected
Ranchi: A special court on Friday rejected the bail plea of former Jharkhand Agriculture minister Nalin Soren, now in judicial custody in connection with the multi- crore seed scam.
The special Vigilance Court of Abani Ranjan Kumar Sinha rejected the bail petition on the ground that investigation into the scam could be affected.
Soren and several other officials are facing charges of irregularities in the purchase of seeds and agri equipment and the Vigilance Bureau filed an FIR in 2009.
Yesterday the Vigilance Bureau officials had made a commitment in the Jharkhand High Court to complete its investigation into the scam within three months.
The officials had told the high court that during the course of investigation, the scam amount rose to over Rs 150 crore.
The high court would hear the matter on September 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!