Seed scam: Ex-Jharkhand minister`s bail plea rejected
Ranchi: A special court on Friday rejected the bail plea of former Jharkhand Agriculture minister Nalin Soren, now in judicial custody in connection with the multi- crore seed scam.
The special Vigilance Court of Abani Ranjan Kumar Sinha rejected the bail petition on the ground that investigation into the scam could be affected.
Soren and several other officials are facing charges of irregularities in the purchase of seeds and agri equipment and the Vigilance Bureau filed an FIR in 2009.
Yesterday the Vigilance Bureau officials had made a commitment in the Jharkhand High Court to complete its investigation into the scam within three months.
The officials had told the high court that during the course of investigation, the scam amount rose to over Rs 150 crore.
The high court would hear the matter on September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr