Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha suffers head injury
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha, who is lodged in the Hazaribagh Central Jail on Friday suffered head injury when he fell and hit a wall, jail sources said here.
"There is swelling, but no bleeding... Jail doctors as well as his (Sinha`s) personal doctor attended him and prescribed medicine," they said, adding, that the former external affairs minister is under observation.
BJP`s state unit president Ravindra Rai, who visited Sinha in the jail, said that the veteran leader injured himself when the chair on which he was sitting broke.
"Doctors said he is okay. If there is any problem a CT scan would be done," Rai added.
Sinha is in 14 days judicial remand from June 3 in connection with a case of alleged assault on a government official during a BJP-sponsored demonstration here on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal