Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha suffers head injury
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha, who is lodged in the Hazaribagh Central Jail on Friday suffered head injury when he fell and hit a wall, jail sources said here.
"There is swelling, but no bleeding... Jail doctors as well as his (Sinha`s) personal doctor attended him and prescribed medicine," they said, adding, that the former external affairs minister is under observation.
BJP`s state unit president Ravindra Rai, who visited Sinha in the jail, said that the veteran leader injured himself when the chair on which he was sitting broke.
"Doctors said he is okay. If there is any problem a CT scan would be done," Rai added.
Sinha is in 14 days judicial remand from June 3 in connection with a case of alleged assault on a government official during a BJP-sponsored demonstration here on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi