Senior Jharkhand officials criticised
Ranchi: Two senior officials of the Jharkhand government who were in London accompanying Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahato to the Olympics on Saturday came in for flak from JMM vice president Sudhir Mahato.
"It`s not proper for Chief Secretary SK Choudhary and Principal Secretary DK Tiwari watching the games when they are supposed to monitor the drought-like situation round-the-clock and prepare plans to face it," said Mahato, whose party is an ally in the Arjun Munda-led government.
He justified Mahto`s visit since he was the sports minister and because there were some players representing Jharkhand.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay had yesterday termed as `unfortunate` the team going to London when Jharkhand was staring at a drought and other states were dealing with the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok