Senior Jharkhand officials criticised
Ranchi: Two senior officials of the Jharkhand government who were in London accompanying Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahato to the Olympics on Saturday came in for flak from JMM vice president Sudhir Mahato.
"It`s not proper for Chief Secretary SK Choudhary and Principal Secretary DK Tiwari watching the games when they are supposed to monitor the drought-like situation round-the-clock and prepare plans to face it," said Mahato, whose party is an ally in the Arjun Munda-led government.
He justified Mahto`s visit since he was the sports minister and because there were some players representing Jharkhand.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay had yesterday termed as `unfortunate` the team going to London when Jharkhand was staring at a drought and other states were dealing with the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why