Senior Jharkhand officials criticised
Ranchi: Two senior officials of the Jharkhand government who were in London accompanying Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahato to the Olympics on Saturday came in for flak from JMM vice president Sudhir Mahato.
"It`s not proper for Chief Secretary SK Choudhary and Principal Secretary DK Tiwari watching the games when they are supposed to monitor the drought-like situation round-the-clock and prepare plans to face it," said Mahato, whose party is an ally in the Arjun Munda-led government.
He justified Mahto`s visit since he was the sports minister and because there were some players representing Jharkhand.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay had yesterday termed as `unfortunate` the team going to London when Jharkhand was staring at a drought and other states were dealing with the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing