Senior Maoist leader held, US-made weapon seized
Hazaribagh: The head of the CPI(Maoist) `armoury` section and an arms supplier were today arrested when foreign-made sophisticated weapons were about to change hands, police said.
Anil Yadav, the head of the `armoury` in Bihar and Jharkhand, and arms supplier Prafulla Malakar were arrested form Silodar forests on the border of Hazaribagh`s Chouparan and Bihar`s Gaya district, Hazaribagh SP Manoj Kaushik said here.
On a tip-off, a special task force first arrested Malakar and seized arms from him and later nabbed Yadav when he arrived at the spot with Rs 8 lakh to purchase the weapons, he said.
"The seizure included a US-made rifle inscribed Colt M-16 and 14 ammunition of 5.56 mm cartridges, used by the US Army," he said.
The Rs 8 lakh rifle could be folded and carried in a specially designed bag, the SP said, adding a 9-mm Italian- made pistol was recovered from Yadav.
A Rs four lakh bullet-proof jacket, manufactured by a company of Manchester in the UK, was also seized, he said.
Malakar informed the interrogators that he had recently supplied four AK-47 rifles, two AK-56 rifles and three other Self Loading Rifles to Yadav, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday