Senior Maoist leader held, US-made weapon seized
Hazaribagh: The head of the CPI(Maoist) `armoury` section and an arms supplier were today arrested when foreign-made sophisticated weapons were about to change hands, police said.
Anil Yadav, the head of the `armoury` in Bihar and Jharkhand, and arms supplier Prafulla Malakar were arrested form Silodar forests on the border of Hazaribagh`s Chouparan and Bihar`s Gaya district, Hazaribagh SP Manoj Kaushik said here.
On a tip-off, a special task force first arrested Malakar and seized arms from him and later nabbed Yadav when he arrived at the spot with Rs 8 lakh to purchase the weapons, he said.
"The seizure included a US-made rifle inscribed Colt M-16 and 14 ammunition of 5.56 mm cartridges, used by the US Army," he said.
The Rs 8 lakh rifle could be folded and carried in a specially designed bag, the SP said, adding a 9-mm Italian- made pistol was recovered from Yadav.
A Rs four lakh bullet-proof jacket, manufactured by a company of Manchester in the UK, was also seized, he said.
Malakar informed the interrogators that he had recently supplied four AK-47 rifles, two AK-56 rifles and three other Self Loading Rifles to Yadav, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!