Seven killed in storm in Jharkhand
Dhanbad/Chatra: Seven people were killed in a storm that raged across Jharkhand early Saturday morning uprooting electricity poles and hundreds of trees.
Police said a man, his two daughters and a son were crushed to death when the tree under which they were sleeping fell on them at Kona village in Chatra district.
In the second incident, three members of a family were killed at Baghtand in Dhanbad district in lightning, Dhanbad police said.
The storm hit around 4.30 AM and according to reports a large number of electricity poles and hundreds of trees were uprooted in the storm in Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Hazaribagh, Latehar and some other districts.
Damage to property is being assessed, official sources said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative