Seven Latehar villages not to vote in Jharkhand elections
Latehar: Seven villages in
Jharkhand`s Latehar assembly constituency today decided not to
vote in protest against the failure to finish the construction
of a river-bridge, the foundation of which was laid three
About fifty elders of Dihimari, Tubed, Newari, Mangra,
Luti, Amejharan and Banbirua villages took the decision in a
meeting, their representaive said.
"The foundation for the bridge across Tubed river was
laid during the Chief Ministership of Arjun Munda about three
years ago. Slow pace has left the work incomplete," he said.
For the last fifteen years, he added, the villagers
have been using a circuitous route to reach the other side of
the river facing hardship.
They have also decided not to allow political leaders
to campaign in their villages which falls under the Latehar
(SC) assembly constitutency, going for polls in the fifth and
final phase on December 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?