Seven Latehar villages not to vote in Jharkhand elections
Latehar: Seven villages in
Jharkhand`s Latehar assembly constituency today decided not to
vote in protest against the failure to finish the construction
of a river-bridge, the foundation of which was laid three
About fifty elders of Dihimari, Tubed, Newari, Mangra,
Luti, Amejharan and Banbirua villages took the decision in a
meeting, their representaive said.
"The foundation for the bridge across Tubed river was
laid during the Chief Ministership of Arjun Munda about three
years ago. Slow pace has left the work incomplete," he said.
For the last fifteen years, he added, the villagers
have been using a circuitous route to reach the other side of
the river facing hardship.
They have also decided not to allow political leaders
to campaign in their villages which falls under the Latehar
(SC) assembly constitutency, going for polls in the fifth and
final phase on December 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price