Seven ultras arrested in Latehar
Latehar: Seven ultras of a newly
set up underground outfit, including its head, were today
arrested after a brief encounter with security forces in the
jungles of Latehar district.
Swatantra Indian People`s Committee head, Muna Giri and
six of his associates were overpowered after an exchange of
fire in the forests near Teteriakhand village, district
superintendent of police Kuldip Diwedi told a press
However, two associates managed to escape, he said adding
there was no injury on any side.
A gun, a 9mm pistol, a country-made revolver, bullets,
six country-made bombs, six handsets and a dozen SIM cards
were seized from the ultras.
“This was a major success for the police as the newly
floated outfit has been nipped in the bud,” Diwedi said adding
the group was formed to extort money in Latehar, Lohardaga and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video