Seven ultras arrested in Latehar
Latehar: Seven ultras of a newly
set up underground outfit, including its head, were today
arrested after a brief encounter with security forces in the
jungles of Latehar district.
Swatantra Indian People`s Committee head, Muna Giri and
six of his associates were overpowered after an exchange of
fire in the forests near Teteriakhand village, district
superintendent of police Kuldip Diwedi told a press
However, two associates managed to escape, he said adding
there was no injury on any side.
A gun, a 9mm pistol, a country-made revolver, bullets,
six country-made bombs, six handsets and a dozen SIM cards
were seized from the ultras.
“This was a major success for the police as the newly
floated outfit has been nipped in the bud,” Diwedi said adding
the group was formed to extort money in Latehar, Lohardaga and
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore