Seven ultras arrested in Latehar
Latehar: Seven ultras of a newly
set up underground outfit, including its head, were today
arrested after a brief encounter with security forces in the
jungles of Latehar district.
Swatantra Indian People`s Committee head, Muna Giri and
six of his associates were overpowered after an exchange of
fire in the forests near Teteriakhand village, district
superintendent of police Kuldip Diwedi told a press
However, two associates managed to escape, he said adding
there was no injury on any side.
A gun, a 9mm pistol, a country-made revolver, bullets,
six country-made bombs, six handsets and a dozen SIM cards
were seized from the ultras.
“This was a major success for the police as the newly
floated outfit has been nipped in the bud,” Diwedi said adding
the group was formed to extort money in Latehar, Lohardaga and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack