Several people missing after boat sinks in Ganga
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): A number of people ferrying in a boat over the Ganga river went missing after the boat sank midstream at Sahibganj district of Jharkhand.
"Six persons have been rescued and admitted to a hospital," Superintendent of Police A Vijay Laxmi said, adding rescue operation has begun to trace the others.
She said the boat was ferrying the passengers from Bijlighati to Harprasad in the district when the mishap took place.
Deputy Commissioner Ashok Sharma said the boat was carrying about 25 passengers after Sunday Haat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason