Shibu back to old game, says power sharing with BJP unacceptable
Ranchi: In a sudden turnaround, Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren Thursday said he would not quit his post and the rotation of power with ally Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was "not acceptable".
Talking to reporters in Bokaro, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief said: "I will not quit from the chief minister`s post. The rotation of power is not acceptable to us. I will fight the assembly poll."
However, Soren did not reveal the name of the seat from which he would fight the assembly poll. Soren, a Lok Sabha MP, has to get elected to the state assembly by June 30 to retain his Chief Ministership.
Soren`s statement is likely to prolong the ongoing political crisis in Jharkhand.
The BJP and the JMM on Tuesday agreed to share power in rotation for 28 months each. At a joint conference with BJP national general secretary Arjun Munda, Soren Tuesday announced sharing of power.
"We have agreed to share power in rotation. The BJP and JMM will each rule the state for 28 months," Soren had said.
Jharkhand has been in the midst of a political crisis since Soren`s decision to vote against the BJP`s cut motion in the Lok Sabha last month. The move incensed the BJP and it decided to withdraw legislative support to the JMM. However, the parties have decided to continue the coalition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen