Shibu Soren asks CM to recall officials from London
Ranchi: JMM supremo Shibu Soren has asked Chief Minister Arjun Munda to recall two senior Jharkhand officials, who are in London for the Olympics, in the face of drought-like situation in some parts of the state.
In a letter, sent to Munda yesterday, Soren said Chief Secretary S K Choudhary and Principal Secretary to the chief minister, D K Tiwari, should be called back as they should monitor the drought-like situation.
He criticised the two officials accompanying Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahato when their presence was required in the state.
JMM is an ally in the Arjun Munda-led government and Soren is the chairman of the coalition?s coordination committee.
JMM`s vice-president Sudhir Mahato said, "It`s not proper for the chief secretary and principal secretary to watch the games when they are supposed to monitor the situation and prepare plans to combat it."
He, however, justified the deputy chief minister?s visit, saying he was the sports minister and also there were some players representing Jharkhand in the sporting event.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay had yesterday termed as "unfortunate" the team going to London when Jharkhand faced a drought like situation while other states were busy in dealing with such a situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000